Proposed Mowbray Rd Data Centre – SSD-13475973
The Society is concerned that there were possible environmental impacts posed by this proposed development. These include:
– the potential height impact -6 floors compared to the current 3;
- on views from the river and Great North Walk on Ryde side;
- increased shadowing onto bushland from a taller building;
- the importance of the health of the downslope bushland;
- the need for significant screening along the road edge, including both trees and understorey,
- the interruption to drainage and stormwater, including contaminated water.
Representatives of the Lane Cove Bushland & Conservation attended a Community Consultation for the proposed Data Centre development and would like to be included in any future community consultations.
Further information can be found at: https://inthecove.com.au/2021/02/18/microsoft-reveals-plans-for-a-six-storey-data-centre-on-mowbray-road-lane-cove-north/