Lane Cove Council proposes to redevelop the Lane Cove Golf Course as a recreational precinct. The first objections from the Lane Cove Golf Club itself who consider the plan will be to the detriment of golfers and the local community and are circulating a petition which states that the Concept plan:
- eliminates 33% of the current course layout;
- reduces the PAR of the course from 64 to a 58 (resulting in a “pitch and putt facility”);
- includes a driving range in place of the existing 8th/17th and 9th/18th fairways and 8th/17th greens scoped by the Council to result in 53,500 visits per annum detrimentally impacting the quiet enjoyment of neighbouring properties as well as likely environmental destruction to the local fauna and flora;
- includes a “putt-putt course” in place of the existing 9th green;
- includes a short game practice area in place of the 7th green; and
- increases traffic movements, noise and light pollution.