Northwood shops Planning Proposal has been included in the Department of Planning Industry and Environment ‘Fast-tracked Assessments: Tranche One’. The community has consistently expressed concern about the development and Lane Cove Council has continued to refuse the proposal on the town planning and urban design grounds.
The Pathways Property Group Planning Proposal for the corner of Longueville and River roads, 4 – 18 Northwood Rd / 274 Longueville Rd, is for a 130 bed residential aged care facility and includes Allied Health and community well-being services, neighbourhood shops and a Senior Day Care Centre for Local Residents. This site is currently occupied by six buildings including the Petrol Station and the Riverview Vet.
- Traffic is dangerous at the intersection. Entry / exit from the site and changes to the intersection have not been resolved with the RMS;
- No public benefits are proposed to be delivered despite a development that seeks substantial uplift;
- Importantly for the Lane Cove Bushland & Conservation Society’s concerns, the impacts on the adjoining SEPP19 bushland are not adequately addressed and it has not been demonstrated that the adjacent bushland can be adequately protected by the proposed 3m wide buffer;
- The proposed site is not considered appropriate for an aged care facility. There are currently three aged care/seniors living development applications being considered by Lane Cove Council or the Planning Department nearby. They are:
- 266 Longueville Road, which is almost next door, and just down River road:
- Greenwich Hospital Upgrade and
- the old Billy Blue site on the corner of Greenwich Road and River Road.
The Pathways proposal can be seen at: https://www.pathwayslonguevilleconsultation.com/